The Series Watching Experience 1.
Do you ever watch series? Do you watch them in Hungarian?
Anyway, you should! For this might seem a lazy Sunday evening program, yet it contains hard language learning!
Take your seat and enjoy your favorite sitcoms while instinctly putting on some Hungarian!
Okay, I have to be honest - this does NOT work like in learning English or German. Prepare yourself that first you may not (dis)cover a single expression, but this is because the grammatical necessities you might have not faced during your Hungarian studies yet.
But after the first schock you’ll meet several benefits apart from self-torturing:
- it’s enthusiastic/exciting
- it fastens the usual process of “getting closer to a language”, which equals with “switching your brain to Hungarian”
- you SURELY WILL understand SOME words, or sentence parts… step by step, more and more, continously. Just be patient with yourself!
- It can help you memorizing, recognising and activating the already learnt elements of your Hungarian knowledge
- it gives you joy and motivation.
How to do it?
- Get your fav series DUBBED IN HUNGARIAN - or choose one from the next post! - IN HUNGARIAN!
- Get subscriptions - IN HUNGARIAN!
- Have some paper and a pen with yourself. Note new words and expressions and don't hesitate to stop or rewind the video when finding some exciting language elements! This is a very lively and good practice for everybody!
- A dictionary might be useful if you like checking the fresh knowledge immediately.
What to watch?
Hungary is famous about its talented actors and actresses, who give their voices to film and series characters also, many times! To be honest, there are Hungarian celebrities whose voice are much more widely known than their faces!
Let’s see which are the best choices! The following series can be found in the whole country and are all dubbed!